The Ultimate Goal of the Foundation is to provide Financial Scholarships to Officials Children from a self-funded environment.
It is our financial goal to distribute a minimum of $4500.00 each year in scholarships.
It is also our goal to establish and maintain a Hall of Fame for Officials from the state of Alabama. An annual induction ceremony will be held for this purpose. Our first induction ceremony was successfully launched in 2019
Finally, our goal is to establish a program that centers around the recruitment and retention of officials within our state.
- The Nonprofit Corporation is organized primarily to provide educational scholarships to individual students with a high school diploma who are enrolled in a post-secondary institution located in the State of Alabama. A recipient must be a sports official who is currently affiliated with the Alabama High School Athletic Association, a child (natural or adopted) or grandchild of a sports official or the sports official’s spouse, who is or has been affiliated with the Alabama High School Athletic Association for at least three annual registrations. A recipient must be in good standing at the current educational institution. (High School or College) The currently registered sports official must be in good standing with the Alabama High School Athletic Association.
Fund Raising Efforts:
- Direct Contributions from individuals.
- Direct Contributions from businesses.
- Direct contributions from corporations.
- Direct contributions from fundraising events.
- Direct contributions from fundraising online projects.
Current Scholarship Status:
The Alabama Sports Officials Foundation (ASOF) currently provides 9 scholarships each year. One for each sport with recognized officials by the Alabama High School Athletic Association (AHSAA).
These sports include Baseball, Basketball, Football, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, Volleyball and Wrestling.
The scholarships are currently worth $500 each. These funds are sent directly to the in-state institution where each one of the recipients attend. (Done in their student accounts)
- 8,000 officials statewide
- 130 local officials associations
- 67 member county by county fundraising committees
- Alabama businesses, organizations, and corporations
- State of Alabama
- Other individuals who are friends to Officials and their children
This organization was founded and is served by current and/or retired Alabama sports officials.
The foundation has received a Non-Profit status from the IRS so all donations to the foundation are tax-deductible.
Our ASOF Logo was designed by Ron Jones from Smiths Station, Alabama.